Wednesday, November 18, 2009

If you have an appointment with me, you best show up.

This has happened to me lately. I hire someone and make an appointment with them and then they don't show up. Or they do show up and seem good at first and then they do half the job and then don't show up after that.

I am having that problem today. I got half of a job done and was told they would be back to finish the job today between 10-12. At 1 p.m. when no one had showed up or called I called and asked what the hell was going on. I was told they would find out and call back. I got a call back and was told they would be here at 4. Well that is fine because apparently I have no life and nothing to do but wait around for people to show up at my house. Right?

And the reason only half the job was done was because someone failed to do their job right again. Isn't that always the case? Why can't anyone do their job anymore? Why is there no more customer service? No one cares anymore. I feel like America is going to hell in a handbasket. No wonder all the jobs are going oversees. Who wants to work with lazy non-customer oriented Americans?

It surprises me to no end when people complain that they have no work. If you have no work you might want to look on the inside and see if your the problem. I am so sick and tired of people complaining. Everytime you complain about something, please remember as you are pointing fingers at the other person, you have 4 more pointing back at you.

And you know what, on the other hand I don't blame people for not doing their jobs anymore. When I quit my last job, it took 3 people to replace me. It then became apparent to me that I was one person who was underpaid and overworked. Did my old job value me? Did they care that I worked my ass off and went above and beyond the call of duty? No. No one is irreplaceable. This is where we have all failed. Both as managers and employees. We don't value the employees that do their jobs and work hard and we don't reward them. We take them for granted. And they move on. We are all at fault and something has got to change. This is the change we need first and foremost.

Believe me this would solve all the problems our society has. Health care etc would all fall into place if we could just get this worked out. Obama has it all wrong and it is about time that someone set the record straight.

I might be a small voice in a big pond but don't forget, I can make giant waves.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment