Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Shagging in the Garden

One of my English friends asked me to write about this so that is why I am using the word "shagging". I have more English friends than I can count, they must be drawn to this area. Ever since I moved from TN I have had really great English friends. So funny! The only thing I don't like about them is they move often. I only have 2 left here now and the other 3 live in CA and NJ.

I HAD this bad habit - past tense. I don't have it any more and you will see why. Even before I had kids, I drink way too much water at night. I have to get up at least once if not more to go to the bathroom.

I had this habit of looking out the blinds before I returned to bed. I don't know why. I wanted to just check the weather, see if I saw any burglars, see who still had their lights on and was up, etc. I always lifted up one of the bars on the blinds and took a peek out to see what was going on. Millions of nights I would just observe rain, a full moon, the wind blowing, lightening, starry skies, a stray animal here and there, nothing ever of note really.

Well one night upon returning to bed, I took my usual peek. Interestingly enough, on this particular night, there was someone outside. I recognized them so I knew they were not intruders. So while looking there wondering what they were doing up at that hour and outside for that matter it didn't take me long to realize that more was going on so to speak.

So I let go of the blind fast. I stood there in the dark bedroom looking at DH sleeping. I looked out again to make sure. Yep, there it was. I decided to wake DH up.

DH I said, you have to get out bed and come look out the window. DH of course thinks I am insane. You won't believe what is going on out there, I said!!! Is it storming he asks? NO! The weather is FINE! You have to come look out the window. He gets up and goes to the bathroom. I wait. He comes back and I said aren't you going to look out the window? He says why don't you save me the trouble and tell me what you saw. I said you have to see this! I finally told him that X and Y (we will call them that to protect their anonymity) were doing the deed.

He asks me why he would want to see that? It is an interesting question. I don't even want to see it personally but any woman would have jumped at the chance to look, to have "witnessed" this just for the pure outrage and intrigue and notoriety of the situation.

So I played the I really don't see good at night card. I said I think that is what is going on but you need to look so I can be sure. So he looked and he agreed. Then he asked if we should go out and join them? MEN!!!! Can't live with them and can't live without them.

We went back to bed. Ever since then though it has been a big joke in our neighborhood.

If you know me, you know I cannot let something like that go. So I make jokes about it. I told my other neighbors not to look outside as you never know what you might see -- wink wink.
Of course I have NEVER made a joke in front of the couple that actually were the instigators of this midnight tete-a-tete. Heck I admire their tenacity and her willingness to be so daring!

Please note that I always say "sex in the backyard" but I agree that "shagging in the garden" sounds a little more elegant. And I never ever look outside anymore at night. I have learned my lesson.

Peekless in the RTP,
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment