Monday, September 14, 2009

If your gay, say it loud, say it proud, just don't NOT say it...

Let me preface this by saying I have nothing against anyone who is homosexual, lesbian, gay, or whatever you want to call it these days. But I just have to get this out already.

My gaydar became quite good once I realized what I thought was the love of my life was gay when I was in college. Let me back up a bit. When I was madly in love with him and would tell stories about him to every one and any one who would listen they always responded "he is gay". I always thought they meant he was queer or weird or they just didn't like him. I didn't take it literally. And I have to say that two people screaming it the loudest were my own father and my brother. But they said that about every guy I brought home or any guy or star that my mom and I thought was cute.

Well oddly enough the love of my life followed me to college. We quickly forgot about each other while there because there was so many fish swimming in that ocean, who needed to be involved with anyone who went to your high school, much less anyone who was from the same home town as you.

Unfortunately, he started dating a friend of mine. She even had to come up and ask me if it was ok with me. YUCK! I had no problem! I was WAY OVER that. I was mad though that she thought I cared. Well, she fell madly in love with him. She took him home to meet her parents. I think she thought he was going to be her next DH. This is when he decided to come out of the closet. Lets just say, she was not very stable to begin with and she flipped out. For real. And she blamed me. All I could say was my dad and brother always claimed he was but I had NO IDEA! The whole thing was a huge disaster as you can imagine.

Then there is another friend who is married and has two kids and her husband decided to come out of the closet and was dating a teenager from a local high school.

SERIOUSLY????

There are others as well and now some infamous ones thanks to the media. All I can say is if you are gay, or think you may be gay, decide one way or the other. If you get married, then get divorced and wait a little bit and THEN come out of the closet. If you are dating someone, break up with them and wait and then decide to announce it to the world. I don't understand doing it any other way. I know it is probably hard to realize you are gay. I know it is probably confusing. All I ask is you don't drag others down with this news.

Tuning up my gaydar,
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment