Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Living in Sin

Many people have asked me to blog about this so here goes.

Why do I not believe in living in sin? Simple. Why buy a cow if you can get free milk?

What is the difference? If you are dating and decide to move in with each other, what is the difference? Are you seriously telling me before you moved in together that you didn't know if you would get along? Do you really not know what side of the bed you want or how to cook a meal together? Do you really not know what brand toothpaste your partner uses or how they like their clothes washed? If you have been to the other persons place, you know whether they are neat or messy! What more do you need to know by living together? NOTHING.

I don't believe in living in sin. If you want to live together -- get married. I don't buy any excuse not to. Convenience etc are all lost on me. GET MARRIED if you need the convenience of living together. How hard is it?

If you are fighting before moving in, moving in will make the fighting worse. If you are getting along fine before moving in together, chances are you will probably get along fine once you are married and living together. Living together doesn't save you from divorce court. I bet if you lived together before you got married and did fine, you will do fine after you get married. And I don't believe for one second if you moved in with each other, that everything went down hill from there. I am sure it was already going down hill and moving in together was an attempt to try to keep it together. I just don't buy any of the excuses.

And to argue the other way, we moved in together and now we have been married 50 years. HELLO! You could be married 52 years if you would have done it the right way. Did you really have to live together to see that?

Sorry you are not selling me on this concept. I just don't get it. I don't care who does it, you are never going to make me think this is a good idea.

Not living in sin,

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment